You can apply for Free School Meals for your child if you receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit.
- Universal credit with annual net earned income of less than £7,400
Eligible children will receive:
- Free Breakfast Club
- Subsidised After School Club
- Subsidised trips and visits
- Enhanced learning opportunities
And there’s more!
St Clare’s will receive money from the government for every child who is eligible for free school meals.
This means more resources, more exciting learning opportunities and more teaching staff to support your child’s education!
To apply for Free School Meals for your child, complete this form and return it to the address at the bottom of the form: FSM application form or you can apply by telephone: 0116 305 5000.
All children in EYFS and Years 1 and 2 receive Universal Free School Meals which means that every child can have a free school meal in these year groups. However, the school will only receive the additional funding if the application form is completed, so please do complete the form, even if your child receives Universal Free School Meals, if you think you may be eligible.