We are looking forward to welcoming all children in Years 1 – 6 back to school on Tuesday 1st September. Our new EYFS children have a staggered start beginning on 1st September. Please find below some key information. This should be read carefully as some things have changed since pupils were last in school.
- We recommend that you cycle or walk to school if at all possible. If you have no other choice but to drive, please park a short distance from the school and walk the rest. This will both support social-distancing and reduce congestion on Convent Drive.
- All children must wear full school uniform.
- Children should bring the following items to school:
- Sun hat/cap
- Lunch box (this does NOT have to be disposable)
- Water bottle
- School bag
- PE kit
- Children will no longer be required to change into plimsolls as they enter the school – this is to ensure a smooth transition into school. Plimsolls can be used for indoor PE.
- The start and end times of the school day will be staggered to facilitate social-distancing as follows. Children can be dropped off and collected during their allocated 15 minute window.
- Year 1, Year 4, Year 6 Start: 08:35 – 08:50 End: 15:00 – 15:15
- EYFS, Year 2, Year 3, Year 5 Start: 08:50 – 09:05 End: 15:15 – 15:30
- Years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 pupils should be dropped off at the main playground gate. The children will then proceed straight to their classrooms.
- Year 6 pupils should be dropped off at the car park gate and enter the school through the office and then go to their classroom.
- All parents and children must follow the yellow arrows on the pavement, indicating which way they should walk.
- At the end of the day, parents should enter the main playground and wait behind the yellow line for their child to be sent to them. Please maintain social-distancing at all times.
- Hot dinners will be served when school reopens, but will be limited to those meals able to be delivered in a grab bag to be eaten in classrooms. A menu will be posted on our website by the end of the week.
- Children will be taught a full curriculum of subjects.
- Parents are not allowed into the school building beyond the outer office area. All essential meetings will take place outside and by appointment only, following social-distancing guidance.
If your child develops symptoms of Covid-19, they must not attend school. Please ensure that your child knows the importance of washing their hands and social-distancing.
A summary of the risk assessment we have undertaken to make sure that the school is safe for all of its pupils and staff will be shared on the school website next week.
We look forward to welcoming you back.